Which kind of presentation best suites your needs?
The WSU Raptor Club offers three types of presentations:
- Theater: If we are coming to your location to present to a seated audience, then it is a theater style presentation. This is great for school groups large or small, book clubs, event talks, or any groups that would like to have our birds presented to them in more detail. Please see our travel details below for how far we are able to travel and associated fees.
- Mew Tour: This is our most popular presentation option. Come to our facilities, see the Stauber Raptor Facility, and meet our residents! We ask groups to not exceed 40 people in one tour, but we are more than happy to break up large groups into multiple subsequent tours if needed. This presentation option is available for all group types, large and small.
- Booth: This is most commonly selected for when we are asked to present in a fair, festival or symposium, presenting in a lobby to passing guests, or tabling at an event. For this style of presentation, it is preferred if we can be in a corner position away from any entrances for the safety of our handlers and our birds.
To request a presentation
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to your desired presentation request date. In your email, please provide us with the following information:
- Phone number
When & Where
- Name of Group or Event
- Date(s) & Time(s) requested
- Type of Presentation
- How many people are expected to attend and what age group?
- Is it appropriate for the club to sell merchandise at this presentation? (if travelling to you)
- Will a table be provided for us to hold our raptor travel boxes?
- Can you provide us with a microphone? (if needed)
- Will there be available parking for us to load and unload?
Presentations (includes Formal, Casual, & Booth): $30/hour
Travel Reimbursements: $0.50/mile (only required if we must travel more than 15 miles away from 100 Grimes Way Pullman, WA 99164)
Note: Only Travel Reimbursements are required. Travel Reimbursements only go to our club members who drive to the event. All other donations are recommended because we depend on donations to keep our club alive. However, we will still do presentations for groups who cannot afford to donate. We volunteer our time to care for these injured birds of prey, and all donations go directly to their care. And of course, you may donate more than what we ask. All donations are welcome!
Please make checks out to “WSU Raptor Club”
How far will we travel?
The furthest our club has traveled before was to Seattle, WA. If traveling will take us more than 3 or 4 hours one-way, we may request to stay overnight.
Please note that if we are to stay overnight, we require that it is set up by the requesting organization and that all expenses must be paid. If we are to stay in a hotel, our birds are required to stay with us. They are not pets and most hotels are accepting of this.
Travel reimbursements are still required at $0.50 per mile per vehicle.